Key highlights for the 2019 fiscal year, ending October 31, 2019 , include:
· TD was listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the sixth consecutive year.
· TD actively participates in the global dialogue to address climate risk and is involved in all the United Nations' Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) groups focused on lending, investing and insurance.
· Also published today, TD released the 2019 Managing Climate-Related Risks and Opportunities report, which provides an update on TD's progress implementing recommendations from the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
· Since 2017, TD has contributed more than $43 billion of its $100 billion target by 2030 to help support a transition to a low-carbon economy through lending, financing, asset management and internal corporate programs.
· TD furthered its support for cleantech solutions across the technology ecosystem by acting as a major investor in the second closing of ArcTern Ventures' Fund II, reaching its $200 million target fund size, positioning it as the largest cleantech venture fund in Canada to date and among the leading cleantech venture funds in the world.
· Through the TD Ready Commitment, TD contributed $126 million in 2019 to organizations across North America and the United Kingdom which are working to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
· In its second year, the TD Ready Challenge awarded a total of $10 million in grants to 10 non-profits ( $1 million each) to support their innovative, scalable solutions that focus on preventative efforts aimed at reducing the onset, development and severity of chronic diseases and other illnesses, to help increase equitable health outcomes for society.